PFFA was officially registered on the 15th September 1980 and at that time was known as Penang Airfreight Forwarders Association (PAFA) representing a pioneer group of about 30 aircargo agents. The aircargo industry in Penang was established around the same time as the first Free Trade Zones in the country, in Bayan Lepas.
Objectives and Designations
- To promote and develop the freight forwarding industry at all times.
- To uphold the standard and ethics of the freight forwarding industry at all times.
- To promote the maintenance of ethical service rates for the betterment of the industry and, if possible to regulate standards and practice to be upheld by members.
- To represent the Industry in liaison and, if necessary, to make recommendations, with all Government Authorities and Autonomous Authorities relating to the Industry, Airlines, Airline Ground Handling Agents, Port Authorities, Carriers, Shipper and Consigness insofar as the members and the industry is concerned.
- To promote co-operation and understanding among members in freight operations.
- To act as arbitrators in or to assist in the settlement of disputes and difficulties arising between members or in connection with the Industry.
- To promote fellowship among all freight forwarders, their staff, all shippers , consigness, relevant Government Authorities, Airlines, Airline Ground Handling Agents, Port Authorities, Carriers and anyone or firm who is related to th. Industry including through media.
- To uphold the Laws of Malaysia relating to the Industry.